Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Thank You, Lowe's

"Stan" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:37:05 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

I hate them things and refuse to use them. Seems I always have a problem
with an item that won't scan or it won't take my money. I tried and
failed
three times and never went back to them. Besides, they don't give me a
discount for doing someone else's work.

Our local Home Depot has them and around a year back when the last
time I ever darkened their doors, I tried to check out through one
with a shovel. I scanned the shovel and it gave the price and then
said to put the shovel in a bag and scan the next item. I leaned the
shovel up against the machine and tried to scan the next item but it
wouldn't scan and said Put The Last Item In The Bag Before Continuing!
I figured one of the geniuses at Microsoft must have programmed this
thing. The HD "Associate" (political correct word for employee)
couldn't get the stupid thing past the Shovel in the Bag hangup before
continuing either.

For all I know, that thing is still sitting there waiting for someone
to get that shovel in a bag before it will ever continue.

Makes you wonder just how bright the makers & programmers of this type
of trash really are. Our latest and brightest college engineers. I
guess they didn't cover in their programming classes that you can't
fit a shovel in a 1ft x 1.5ft plastic bag and since they have no
common sense, then all hope is lost.

Regards,

From the sounds of it you don't understand how they work. Scan item, put
item in bag or on bag area so that it can check what you scanned with what
you put down. It doesn't care if its in a bag or not, it just has to sit or
lean on top of the scale those bags sit on. It has to weigh the item
otherwise people could shoplift all day at those self-check stands.