Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Chris is offline

Default Rope ratchet

Jay Hendry wrote:

OK cheers for the ideas - I'm not looking to use it to tie something down
but to hoist some furniture through a loft hatch. Now the hatch is not
much bigger than the wardrobe, that I've "been told" must go up there so
I figured if I get this attached above the hatch I can pull on the rope
and push up from underneath on the ladder and if I need to take a break
then the ratchet will lock it out.

I'll take a look at an online chandlers in the meantime.

Thanx

Jay

I would not rely on a sailing dinghy ratchet and cleat if I was standing
underneath the load as you describe. With one person using the rope and
one person guiding the wardrobe then maybe, but not if anyone is going
to be below the load.

Personally I'd look to hire a chain hoist or similar from your local
hire shop, along with properly rated strops.

Cheers

Chris

--
Cut along the dotted line to reply