Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jay Hendry Jay Hendry is offline

Default Rope ratchet

Jay Hendry wrote in
. 143.37:

Hi

Not sure if this is the best group but does anyone know a UK dealer
for the above - they are at www.roperatchet.com? I remember them, or
something very similar, in Do-It-All, yes before it became Focus DIY,
back in the late 90's but didn't have a use for one then. Now that I
need one none of the DIY chains seem to have them and google doesn't
seem to list any UK sites selling them.

I guess various pulley and rope or ratchet straps are out there but
none will do what this seems able to do.

Thanx

Jay

OK cheers for the ideas - I'm not looking to use it to tie something down
but to hoist some furniture through a loft hatch. Now the hatch is not
much bigger than the wardrobe, that I've "been told" must go up there so
I figured if I get this attached above the hatch I can pull on the rope
and push up from underneath on the ladder and if I need to take a break
then the ratchet will lock it out.

I'll take a look at an online chandlers in the meantime.

Thanx

Jay