Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default how to add a ground wire to my two wire house?

Sorry Haller, once again, senseless and baseless.

"remember K&T has no boxes at all, I think thats bad."

You really need to do some research before spewing this total nonsense.
Outlet and junction boxes were used with K&T. Splices could be made without
boxes, and light fixture outlets generally had loom extending out of walls
and ceilings without boxes, but switches and receptacles were either in
boxes or a self-contained ceramic enclosure, but never just screwed to wood,
if installed properly

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 23, 6:59?pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
The OP asked a very simple and direct question. I gave him a clear
definition of what the NEC allows. He didn't ask how to rewire his house.
He
didn't ask what current code requires. He didn't ask how many rings there
are around Saturn.

Let's take a look at your latest senseless statement. "Plus

while GFCIs have their place I think installing them with no boxes
have safety issues of their own" Do you snatch this stuff out of thin
air? Who has said anything about "no boxes"?

wrote in message

now just how many DIY people would just add ground wire and screw new
GFCI in place of old 2 prong outlet?

I found one exactly that way in a K&T home once.

remember K&T has no boxes at all, I think thats bad.