Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Home Depot Wants $100 to Measure Kitchen

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:27:39 -0700, "ScottO"
wrote:

My friend is in the market for a kitchen remodel. He says Home Depot wants
$100.00 to just come out and measure. I've never heard of this before. Is
this common?

ScottO.

Damn, I'm in th wrong business. A $5 tape measure and a couple
gallons of gas and an hour of my time for $100. Heck I could make up
to $1000 a day.....

I'd tell HD that you have your own ruler and they can shove it !!!

We decided not to go with Home Depot after the measuring was done and we
saw the drawings.....apparently they measure the angle on all the
corners and one of ours was off. Our kitchen is rectangular, opposite
walls are parallel, so it made for weird looking drawings. Obviously,
the wallboard at the corner wasn't perfect. If they couldn't see the
obvious and correct it, I didn't want them mucking around in my kitchen.
They had one long wall shooting off into space, about 5 degrees off 90.