Posted to alt.home.repair
stainer stainer is offline

Default Home Depot Wants $100 to Measure Kitchen

why charge $100 for an estimate,when you can charge $300 for the plan.

free estimates are what gets potential customers to call you in the
first place.

I say give the window shoppers the free estimate without a plan
and if they want a plan, charge them $300 for it and it is NOT deducted
from the contract price.
at least this way you are being paid for your time and you didn't waste
more than 20 min. on a plan that a window shopper is expecting for free.

I usually give free estimates at the time of looking at the job,
then I inform them about the "design fee" to get a plan.

works like a charm
it usually weeds out the garden so to speak.

oups.com...