Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob the Tomato Bob the Tomato is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

What about a giant see-saw? You could put the pallet on a platform on
one end, then stack weights on the other end until it counterbalances
and raises the pallet to the truck deck height. Then wheel up to the
pallet with the driver's pallet jack and slide it into the truck.

Bob the Tomato

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:41:42 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
I followed all the links and looked at the pix - and also found an
actual propane-fueled fork lift on E-Bay. It's over in Davenport and
has been bid up to $380. My next door shop neighbor has an old Bendix
that I may be able to buy for about $300, but both of these take up a
bit more space than I'm ready to give up (yet).

Cheap enough for a forklift. The capacity is much more than most thing
you'd build from wood. There are some small trucks too but finding one
cheap is another story. Remember, getting that 300 pound pallet onto the
truck will require some reach and counterbalance

How about used equipment dealers? I've bought a couple of manual lifts for
a couple of hundred bucks. .

Once you get that forklift, you'll be amazed at how handy it can be. With a
platform it is good for high work if it is double or triple mast. .