Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Focus RIP [was RIP Wickes]

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-06-23 10:13:07 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:56:36 +0100 Andy Hall wrote :
Nowadays, people are pretty aware of asset stripping in this context.

Less so in the era of the acquisition of Gamages department store,
which also had an unlikely purchaser. Nobody could figure out the
connection until they closed the operation down.

OT but can you expand? I presume you mean that the buyer bought it for
the site and promptly closed the business down.

The building in Hatton Garden was turned into rented office space. I
did the HVAC control system.

Do you mean in the design sense, the installation sense or the sexual
sense?

Given he doesn't know how to wire a two-way switch I'd say the
anti-fantasy tablets have worn off.

Just as well, really. Can you imagine the queues for the washrooms while
his favourite twin combis struggle to supply the hot water?

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.