Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

Lee Michaels wrote:
| They just wheeled the stock onto the platform, fired up the
| hovercraft engine, and the whole thing just floated a few inches
| above the floor. Then the material was pushed to the new location.
| Shut down the engine, wheeled the stock off, etc.
|
| It was noisy but impressive. So Morris, how about it?? A dirt
| ramp and a hovercraft would be an elegant solution.

Well, I kinda like the idea - but my shop is in an aircraft hanger and
my driveway is a taxiway used by a dozen or so aircraft. I think the
pilots would probably decide the hovercraft was cool - but the dirt
ramp probably wouldn't make the grade.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar