Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

Almost forgot. My uncle used to use a homemade wheelbarrow type
thing to move his milk cans. If you've ever messed with a large, full,
milk can, you'll know they're heavy. This thing was very low, with
sides. It'd hold 3-4 milk cans. When you lifted the handles, the
bottom only cam an inch or two offf the ground. Made it quite easy to
load a full can, and easy to unload. You wouldn't want to move it too
far, but fr moving cans from the barn to te milk house, about 100 feet
or so, it worked just fine.

If you don't know what a milk house is, his was cement blocks,
cement floor, with a large, electric powered, water filled, cooler.
Lifting the milk cans in the cooler wasn't as bad as it dould be, becaus
it was set down a bit. There the milk cooled until the next day when
the dairy truck stopped by and picked the raw milk up. Everyhing was
cleaned very well in their, daily. The milking machine and wall were
cleaned with scalding water, every time used. I had an ucle in
Tennessee that used a spring for his drinking water and cooling milk,
butter, etc. Different places, different customs. But the one in
Tennessee didn't sell milk, just produced enough for home use.

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton