Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

Wed, Jun 20, 2007, 6:56pm From:
(Lee*Michaels)
We can always count on JOAT for a sensible solution. In the midth of the
above suggestions are a couple that are close to what I have seen done.
snip

Glad you like the movie idea. I think turning it into a Russ Meyer
type production would be good.

Now that you mention it, when I was a kid, I don't think I ever saw
a farm without at least one dirt ramp for loading trucks. A lot of the
barns were either built into theside of a hil or had a dirt ramp leading
to an upper floor also. Just because its low tech doesn't mean it's a
bad idea.

Somewhere too I've seen plans for a homemade loader on the front of
a farm tractor. Seen some made without plans too. Never heard of any
of them not working.

Low tech for loading a truck tho, you can't beat a dirt ramp, some
kind of a low bed mover, easy to load, then when it gets up to the
truck, easy to slide the load off. Low tech, low buck, works.

There's a gass company around here wih a neat rig. It's a trailer,
on two wheels. Stradles a home type prone LP gas tank, the ig one, a
chain hoist hooks on and lifts it, then they fasten it to keep it
steady, then drive away to wherever it's going. Clearly homemade (if
not, it should be, it's definitely deasy enough to make).

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton