Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:17:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

I expect that must be because of the large metro area -- most places
there's a pretty steep surcharge (like in the $100 range) for lift gate
service.

My Performax 22/44, purchased from Amazon, was delivered with a lift
gate to central Connecticut last December at no extra charge. My
total delivery charge was $99.

I'd call my area "light suburban", compared to my travels around the
country. The largest city within an hour's drive has ~ 150,000
residents, I live in a 55 sq/mile town of 50,000.

Another shocker was that the sander was AIR FREIGHTED from a WMH
location (Memphis?) to BDL, where it got put on a ~ 24' straight
truck.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **