Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

woodstuff wrote:

I don't have a fork lift, so I pick up larger and heavier stuff at the
shipping terminals and use an overhead hoist to unload inside the

shop from
the pickup or trailer. I am taking donations for a fork lift if

anyone has
spare change. :-)

I wonder if lift gate charges have something to do with an area?

Here in L/A, the only trailers that aren't equipped with a lift gate
are containers on trailers out for delivery/pickup to a job site and
containers being run back and forth from the docks to the rail yards.

Everything I have delivered comes on a lift gate trailer and there is
no notation of a lift gate surcharge on the invoice. Maybe it is hidden.

Lew