Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

Lew Hodgett wrote:
| dpb wrote:
| Morris, one other note -- occasionally you can find forklift mast
| assemblies at near giveaway prices.
|
| There are outfits that just part out old fork lifts.
|
| Check with the local fork lift dealers.
|
| They will know how to find them.
|
| Lew

I've found a couple of low-dollar forklifts. I figure there are a lot
of the things around, and that they're all busily aging. In the short
term, all I need to be able to do is hoist a 100-300 lb (maximum)
shop-built pallet onto the back end of a semi trailer. The fork can
will wait until I have a real need. There are other things I need to
spend for first.

I'll touch base with local used equipment dealers and see if I can
find a fork lift "chop shop" in the area. I won't hurt to let people
know that I'm interested...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar