Posted to uk.d-i-y
al al is offline

Default Self propelled lawnmower?

On Jun 22, 5:08 pm, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
al brought next idea :

Hi
Very probably a "thicko" question but I'll ask anyway, does self
propelled mean you push it yourself or the machine provides drive?
I ask because I'm thinking of buying a petrol mower which will
hopefully cut wet grass with ease (or is this another stupid idea).
I'm just outside Glasgow and the rain never stays off long enough to
allow the grass to dry (clay soil which hols water), result is my half
decent electric Qualcast (1.5Kw) struggles to cope. Any views
welcomed.
TIA
Al

Self propelled, means it is driven forward by the engine or motor.

Our is and has a four stroke engine from which a V belt drives the rear
wheels, if you pull one lever and push a second one via a clutch. On
wet grass it is just not able to drive at all the wheels just spin, but
on dry it works fine.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Hi
Thanks for the replies, I think I will look for a petrol Flymo.
Regards
Al