Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Slimy mains water!

None wrote:
On Jun 22, 3:19 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"None" wrote in message

If you don't get the water tested independently, it's safe to assume you're
really not that concerned about it.

I have looked into that, so far the lowest price I have seen is a
ghastly 300 plus bucks. I will continue looking though, not many of
them close by. If I have to pay that, then I will do.

Might check through your State extension service or land grant
university. Many of them offer the service (primarily for rural
residents w/ their own wells or for monitoring for ag runoff or
livestock operations, but at least here they'll test any sample of a
State resident).

Unfortunately, probably what you're trying to test for isn't the
ordinary coliform or similar so may not be quite so straightforward as
one would hope to show what the "problem" is that the utility needs to
fix. If it meets the safety standards of no biological hazard,
"appearance" issues aren't nearly so tightly regulated. IOW, it may
well be within all the applicable regulations but still not particularly
palatable, unfortunately.

Guess you could always go open the hydrant yourself on occasion...