Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospambob@vcoms.net is offline

Default Bathroom vanity light height/ new install

As a user of a walker device I was really taken aback the first time
trying to stand while sitting on the "throne". We bought an add-on
for our bathroom toilet that raises the height of the seat (I guess)
about 3"-4". Major step forward with respect to standing compared to
the lower height!

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:49:02 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"Rudy" wrote

I'm 6'4 and the last 3 houses we built, I put ALL the countertops: kit,
Baths, laundry room at 36.5" a/FF. I also installed 3 Kohler "Comfort
Height" toilets.
It's all a good fit for us but one "shorter" lady visitor complained her
feet didnt reach the floor when upon the "throne". I'll have to make her
a "one step" before her next visit.

Heh, I had this problem at my brother's house just recently.
I never used the bathroom before, imagine my surprise the seat
was so hight my feet were swinging. I didn't find out until later
their house used to have a disabled person living there, hence
the special toilet.

nancy