Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default Whole-house filters?

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:33:35 -0700, Me wrote:

I am looking into getting a whole-house water filter because we have
hard water and I want to protect my plumbing and fixtures. The last
time we remodeled our bathroom the chrome in the sink drain corroded
within a year. Any thoughts or suggestions on brand/type/size? We
are a four-person family. I would rather have a system that requires
as little maintenance as possible (no filters to change, etc).

-K

ditto the water softner.

The corrosion on the chrome was caused by the cleaner you were using,
not the water. When you use the cleaners, rinse with clear water and
wipe and your chrome and other surfaces will stay new for years.