Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Bathroom vanity light height/ new install

On Jun 21, 10:59 pm, "Mark" wrote:
If you are doing a complete remodel, and have the space, you might consider
lights on the sides of the mirror rather than over the top. I personally
think this gives better light, with less shadows on your face while shaving
and for the little lady when she puts on her makeup.

"Mikepier" wrote in message

Thanks for the inputs. Unfortunately the vanity is against a wall so I
can't put lights on the side.
The vanity (30"W x 19"D) along with the medicine cabinet (30"H X 24"W)
is arriving Monday, so I think I'll wait until I get them so I can see
what I am dealing with, plus I will have a better idea what kind of
vanity light would match. I can't believe how many choices in lights
are out there. And all different sizes. Some are only 4" tall, others
are up to 11" ( sconces), plus the ceiling drops 8" not too far from
where the light will be, so I have to be careful where I mount the
box. If I mount it too low, the mirror will end up hitting the light.
If I mount it too high, the ceiling drop might be in the way.