Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Shop vac that doesn't pump dust?

"Dave Martindale" wrote in message
"aemeijers" writes:

I tried. Mine is too old, and not listed on their web site, that I can
find.
(my cars have the same problem- they usually have fallen out of the book.)

Just because it's not in the cross reference doesn't mean that you can't
get filters for it. Last time I looked, the filter mount on almost all
Shop-Vacs was the same, and took the same size foam filter / bag /
pleated filter. You want a filter that has an opening on one end but is
sealed by a metal or plastic cover on the other end, and whose opening
is a snug fit to your vac's filter area. It will take some force to
push it on.

Shop-Vacs are common enough that you can find third-party filters. For
example, Gore (the Gore-tex people) make a filter called CleanStream
that removes even extremely fine dust from the air.

My plan is to field-strip the thing Saturday, diagram out the bottom side of
the lid, and take all that and a tape measure down to the big-box. Hopefully
I'll find something that fits, or can be made to. (I figure the borg would
get cranky if I carry the lid and motor into the store and start
test-fitting stuff.)

aem sends...