Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Bathroom vanity light height/ new install

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am redoing my bathroom.. I ordered my medicine cabinet and was just
curious is there any rule of thumb as to where to install the vanity
light? Should it be a couple of inches above the medicine cabinet? I
like to know so I can mount the electric box in the right place.
Thanks.

84" from the floor to the box is the "standard". This allows for most
fixtures.

Do you own math and put it where you want it.

30-36" vanity base, 3-5" top and splash, 30-36" of mirror or cabinet.