Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default RIP Wickes

Andy Hall wrote:

If you don't hassle people for a better price, you are giving them
money for no good reason.

Yes, but in Builder's Merchants the hassle is the minimum 1hr wait until
you are deemed worthy to talk to the clown in the brown overcoat. Plus
the hassle of dealing with the Dr Drivel clone in the brown overcoat.

I tried to buy some tile cement in our local BM.

Me: I want 20Kg of Keraflex.

He: What do you want it for?

Me: It's tile adhesive, I want it to stick tiles to a wall.

He: Sucks teeth What you want is...

Me: What I want is 20Kg of Keraflex.

He: What for?

Me: To stick tiles on the wall.

He: What you want is...

Me: What I want is 20Kg of Keraflex, are you going to sell it to me?

He: What sort of tiles?

Me: Marble.

He: You can't stick those on a wall.

Me: Yes I can, with Keraflex.

He: No you can't.

... sound of door closing and my car starting.

Life's too bloody short for Builder's Merchants.