Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for durable dishwasher

On Jun 20, 10:44?pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:49:03 -0700, Martin Roy wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 7-year-old Maytag dishwasher that is on its last leg. The
engine runs fine (although noisy) and it still washes dishes well.
However, the racks are worn out and many holders are falling apart.
Water at my house is hard and it must be softened. So the high salt
content in the water is making the racks rust prematurely.

I want to avoid this again so I was wondering what features I should
be looking for? Is it worth to spend the extra money on a stainless
steel tub? What about nylon covered racks (as opposed to vinyl)?
What else can help?

Thanks

Martin

You got a corrosive environment buy something with the most stainless
inside. And how old are you? You want a dishwasher to last the rest of
your life, good luck unless your 70-80 yrs old.- Hide quoted text -

DONT BUY A BOSCH! They are service piggies. although they are the
quietest, and wash great.

mine is broke again and debating on wether to replace it, 3rd failure
in 3 years