Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Bathroom vanity light height/ new install

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:05:23 GMT, "aemeijers"
wrote:

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"Phisherman" wrote

I'd like to rant here... Why are so many mirrors mounted so low that
a tall person can't see their face? Plus, why are master-bedroom
sinks installed so low? I have to break my back every morning just to
wash my face, and I'm only 6 feet tall.

They make taller ones now, I think they are called luxury
height, something like that. Maybe you could change yours.
I hate to hear you're breaking your back like that. Heh.

Chuckle. Because women usually pick the house, and they tend to run shorter?

Even if they didn't pick the house, it's probably better for the sink
to be short enough for the shortest person than so high that the short
one has to get on a ladder to use it. (Kids are on their own.)

I put a peephole in my front door, and put it lower than my own eye,
so other people could use it. Im only 5'8" but when I looked at the
peephole later, I realized that the 2 or 3 inches lower than my eye,
still meant that no one under 5'2 or 5'3 was going to be able to use
it, even standing on tiptoes.

When I rewired the bath in this place, I had to pull the surface-mount
cabinet/mirror/light to get to the botched up feed wire. Needless to say, I
remounted it a almost a foot higher than I found it. When I bought the
place, top of mirror was at neck level for me. I'd like vanity about six
inches taller, too, but raising that would have cost money. If I ever gut
the bathroom, I will find some way to do a taller one. Mebbe vanities should
be like airport drinking fountains- a tall and a short, side by side.

aem sends....