Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Bathroom vanity light height/ new install

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:23:43 -0700, Mikepier
wrote:

I am redoing my bathroom.. I ordered my medicine cabinet and was just
curious is there any rule of thumb as to where to install the vanity
light? Should it be a couple of inches above the medicine cabinet? I
like to know so I can mount the electric box in the right place.
Thanks.

I would think just above the mirror. A couple inches or less sounds
about right.

I'd like to rant here... Why are so many mirrors mounted so low that
a tall person can't see their face? Plus, why are master-bedroom
sinks installed so low? I have to break my back every morning just to
wash my face, and I'm only 6 feet tall.