Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Terminating an alarm company contract early

dpb wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Dan wrote:
We recently moved from a rental house in the Seattle area where we
had Protection One alarm service. We were approximately 15 months
into the 3 year contract. They are billing us for the remainder
of the term, nearly $700. Needless to say, I would prefer not to
pay for service we will not be using. Has anyone had any
experience terminating such a contract early, particularly with
Protection One?

I have no such experience; however, I know that similar contracts -
those calling for a service to be rendered in the future - have not
been upheld when the service cannot be provided for any
reason...you dying, you moving...

My understanding has been those have been for service, not
cancellation charges.

Yes. OP said,

"They are billing us for the remainder
of the term, nearly $700. Needless to say, I would prefer not to
pay for service we will not be using."

See?

To OP: my best advice is to tell them to go take a flying one.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...