Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Jerde Mark Jerde is offline

Default [OT] I'm celebrating!

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Neither gloat nor neener, exactly - but a milestone for my shop. Today
I loaded a pallet with three of my passive solar air-heating panels
and sent my first out-of-state order off to warm a home in Oklahoma
for the next couple of decades.

Congrats! May it be the first of many!

I'm reasonably certain that at some point in the future today's
excitement will strike me as being silly - but that won't happen
for a while.

I probably had a similar feeling cashing my first computer consulting check.
It was income I got because I hunted, stalked and captured business in the
marketplace. soundRoaring Lion/sound It's a totally different feeling
from "skills whoring," that is, getting paid for a 9-to-5.

It happened 23 years ago. I haven't forgotten it, and it still isn't silly.
;-)

On another topic some of us know how to use a glue bottle and we don't need
much of an excuse to get longer clamps if we need them. Have you considered
DIY kits?

-- Mark