Posted to misc.consumers.house
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply is offline

Default Do cellular shades really provide better insulation than regularblinds?

Jason wrote:
Hello,

I need to buy some new window shades or blinds for my bedroom. I'm
considering cellular and faux wood. All the web sites claim that the
cellular shades insulate much better than regular type blinds.

Depending on what you mean by "much better," yeah, they do a better job.
We have leaky windows, and the inside-munt cellular shades we used for
years until between the cats and the dogs they ended up ruined, it
blocked leaks really well.

But wood shades also insulate well.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.