Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Terminating an alarm company contract early

"Kitep" wrote in message
I'll have to agree with the other poster who suggested

1) Try to get the new tenant to take over the payments

Thanks for the reply. I don't see that happening, but I have asked the
landlord if he knows if they have activated the system

2) Try to get it transferred to your new home (congrats BTW)

Thanks, If I had been thinking, that's what I would have done.
Unfortunately, the new house had a system by ADT, so I just activated that.

You might see if the previous tenants are/were paying for it at the same
time you were. You might have a case if they were charging twice for the
same service. And FYI, just because something's in a contract, doesn't
always make it legal (though I'm guessing it probably is).

Agreed.

TV/radio stations often have a consumer advocate, who loves to bust big
companies who take advantage of the little people. Contact them.

Not a bad idea, especially if it turns out the new renters are also paying.