Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default fixing 2" broken spinkler pvc line

You need to go to an irrigation or sprinkler place. Most plumbing
supply houses do not carry these. Call around and ask for a
telescoping pvc repair coupling. We use these on full pressure
potable systems and sprinkler. They are great when a trencher
has chewed the line, they also work great if one backhoe tooth
hurt the pipe (full bucket takes out too much pipe).

Here is an example from KBI
http://www.irrigation.ca/Manuals/Brochures/QF-Specs.pdf
and another from Slip-fix
http://www.nationalirrigation.com.au.../slip_fix.html

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"alextyler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay guys,,,put your thinking caps on. My main sprinkler line
from my
pump to my irrigation system broke. It is a 2" PVC line...The
problem
is this...there is no way to replace the broken line because I
can not
bend the pipe in order to slide the fittings together. I have
tried
the rubber type flexible pipe and with the pressure it pops off.
I am
wondering if anyone has any ideas or can I create a 4x90degree
in
order to create proper connections. Will the 90 degree angles
handle
the pressure?

HELP