Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Land drainage

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
Wronmg question. What is it worth to developers.

True, that is what I Understood, although not what I wrote.

IIRC a soakaway has to be a certain distance from a house -
sufficiently far that it can't use the attached postage stamp gardens
anymore.

There is a soakaway pit by a new development here - for about 20
houses. It takes up at least a whole plot.

Interesting.

My advice is to mutter on about 'bnot wanting to get involved' and
'have to upgrade half the sewage systems in the area to get it all
properly sorted' and finally 'too old to want to have all those diggers
trundling across the garden...need to move away while work is
done..cost a fortune'

You missed out the most important one, "it will disturb the horse, he
will not like it!"

My mother has already started on the muttering, she has many years
experience of muttering!

Then wait till it goes well into 5 figures.

The next meeting is apparently next week so I will see what they offer
parents, who have been told not to accept the first offer, probably not
the second and then through in the request for the extension of their
pipe too. Could make for interesting watching.

--
Bill