Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slimy mains water!

"None" wrote in message
Ok, the water department are sending someone out tomorrow finally. Im
expecting a lack of knowledge on their part about resolving this
problem, they sounded clueless and irked on the phone. They sure know
how to flush those hydrants though. How can I explain in quick and
concise terms that they need to stop letting the supply terminate at
the end of our street?? There are roads all around us, I just don't
know how to explain to them that they need to somehow either link it
to those pipes, or install the aforementioned bypass, as I wont sound
like I know what Im talking about.

It certainly sounds like you know how to explain it. Maybe a sketch would
help? If you show them that all the gunk that is in the water (much from
the pipes) builds up at the end of the line and since you happen to be at
the end of the line, you get nasty water. Be sure to have a sample on had
just in case they flush the hydrant before they talk to you.

Explain it as all the water that goes into a bucket and the sediment falls
to the bottom and you happen to live on the bottom of the bucket. Only
difference is, the pipes are like the bucket on its side. Same crap
settling there though. They have to add a pipe so it goes past you.