Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ac install question

I'd suggest you tell the AC guys what the plumber said, and ask
them to do it that way. The laundry tub is usually higher than
the sump crock, and it's usually easier to run the drain to a
sump crock, down hill all the way.

I'm also in the Rochester NY area. Please let us know who put in
the AC, and if you were pleased with them.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dkhedmo" wrote in message
news : We're having ac installed in a couple of days. I mentioned this
to the
: plumber while he was hear checking the pump which pumps our
: kitchen/utility room drain water up through the attic then down
to where
: it exits the house because of the pipe under the slab having
rotted out
: just before we bought the house.
:
: Anyway, all the ac guys who came to give me estimates talked
about
: draining something from the ac unit into either the laundry tub
in the
: utility room, which then drains into aforementioned pump, or
tapping
: directly into the pump. (Furnace/pump/laundy tub all within
arm's reach
: of each other in utility room.)The plumber would prefer they
drain it
: into the laundry tub, but said that they're not supposed to
drain it
: into the sewer at all, and that they should drill a hole into
the slab
: and put the hose into that.
:
: What should I be expecting the ac installer to do in this
situation?
: Thoughts and advice appreciated. Rochester NY area, if that
matters.
: Thanks in advance.
:
: Karen