Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

kris3432 wrote:
Norminn -

Can you please explain to me how exactly the cabinet issue is MY
error. I was told from the beginning that it would fit a standard size
fridge. And, now when I go to buy a fridge and measure I discover
that it lacks 7 inches of clearance.

I am not exactly sure whose fault it is, but I am pretty sure that I
do not hold all or even most of the blame.

Kris

The issue is that a "standard size" fridge should fit the space. I have
no idea what a "standard size" fridge is - mine is 31.5" deep from wall
tofront of fridge, not including the handles. You said you kept asking
what size fridge you should buy.......sounds like a cop-out to me. You
must have had drawings before you signed a contract, I hope. The size
of appliances, along with cost, features and arrangement are one of the
very most basic and costly parts of the plan. First-time home buyers
are bound to make mistakes or overlook things that they think of too
late. It may be possible to get a fridge - not side-by-side - that will
allow the cab. door and drawer to open if the fridge door is open.
Might also be able to change the cabinet door to open from left side
(hinge on right) to get into that.