Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Shop vac that doesn't pump dust?

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
BobK207 wrote in
ups.com:

On Jun 18, 8:30 pm, "aemeijers" wrote:
Thanks, all! It'll have to wait for this weekend before I can take
the thing outside and feildstrip it enough to blow the dust out with
leaf blower from upwind side, measure the guts, and go to the store
and see if any of the cloth bag or paper disc filters will fit. Lowes
web site looked promising. None of the industrial supply houses
around here are open after my normal working hours. I'm pretty sure
none of the cartridge filters that look like truck air filters will
fit- mine has no fittings for that locking disk or ring the pictures
show.

The one I have is OLD. 600C model number is not even listed on their
web page. Metal can, not plastic, looks about 6? gallons. Intake and
outgo holes in top, not in side. 1.5 hp. From the styling, early 80s
at the newest. Yeah, I probably need a new one, but as long as this
one still sucks, and I can rig some sort of dust filter up, well...
It works great on normal dirt, it is just the fine stuff like
rust/drywall/concrete powder that put it in smoke generator mode.

And as to the carpet- hiring someone is looking better and better.

aem sends....

I have some really old mini shop vac (actiually Genie Jet Vacs) they
sell filters with "bottoms" rather than the sealing disc.

The ones wil the sealing discs have too large ID to fit my vacs

check out this filter....they give the ID as 5 3/4"

if your filter receiver is about that size (or slightly smaller) a
friction fit will work great.

http://www.cleanstream.com/store/3313209067.html

as long as you can get good filters for your shop vac why get a new
one?

cheers
Bob

I wonder if any automotive air filters would work for him?
He might have to make a retainer.

But I also wonder why he can't netsearch for the proper ShopVac
parts/data.

I tried. Mine is too old, and not listed on their web site, that I can find.
(my cars have the same problem- they usually have fallen out of the book.)

aem sends.....