Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Shop vac that doesn't pump dust?

"BobK207" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 18, 8:30 pm, "aemeijers" wrote:
Thanks, all! It'll have to wait for this weekend before I can take the
thing
outside and feildstrip it enough to blow the dust out with leaf blower
from
upwind side, measure the guts, and go to the store and see if any of the
cloth bag or paper disc filters will fit. Lowes web site looked
promising.
None of the industrial supply houses around here are open after my normal
working hours. I'm pretty sure none of the cartridge filters that look
like
truck air filters will fit- mine has no fittings for that locking disk or
ring the pictures show.

The one I have is OLD. 600C model number is not even listed on their web
page. Metal can, not plastic, looks about 6? gallons. Intake and outgo
holes
in top, not in side. 1.5 hp. From the styling, early 80s at the newest.
Yeah, I probably need a new one, but as long as this one still sucks, and
can rig some sort of dust filter up, well... It works great on normal
dirt,
it is just the fine stuff like rust/drywall/concrete powder that put it
in
smoke generator mode.

And as to the carpet- hiring someone is looking better and better.

aem sends....

I have some really old mini shop vac (actiually Genie Jet Vacs) they
sell filters with "bottoms" rather than the sealing disc.

The ones wil the sealing discs have too large ID to fit my vacs

check out this filter....they give the ID as 5 3/4"

if your filter receiver is about that size (or slightly smaller) a
friction fit will work great.

http://www.cleanstream.com/store/3313209067.html

as long as you can get good filters for your shop vac why get a new
one?

My thought exactly. Yeah, I waste a little time chasing geese, but nobody
pays me after 5 pm and on weekends anyway.

aem sends...