Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Terminating an alarm company contract early

Dan wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
Seems pretty straightforward to me -- read the contract.

--

I'm not disputing the terms of the contract, I'm asking if anyone has had a
similar experience with this or another alarm company.

If they have a contract, what difference does it make? They can choose
to enforce it at their pleasure. I can see wanting to somehow get out
of coughing up $700, but if that's what the contract says and that's
what they're asking for, don't see you have much recourse. Guess you
could give the contract to an attorney and see if there's something in
it that could give you a right to break it, but one would presume they
had a team of legal beagles draft it initially. If there were a
widespread issue here like a class action suit or somesuch, I'd expect
an internet search would turn that up quickly...

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., of course...