Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:34:14 -0400, Mike Ruskai
wrote:

That just strikes me as an incredibly stupid place to design in a
fridge.

Here's a quick and dirty take on how I'd do that kitchen, based on
what I can tell from the pictu

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/138...kitchenht1.jpg

Wouldn't she loose counter space at the sink with the fridge there (if
the sink is on that side of the kitchen)??

Also, seems like the living room is directly adjacent/behind and one
would hear the fridge running vs placed on the far wall ...

"Ya' gotsta' pick your pize-un" grandpa was found of saying...

From the picture it seems to be a funny kitchen arrangement no matter
what. Better imo to have less counter space but functional than
non-functional drawers/cabinets and that big hole in the corner of the
original imo. It looks like it might be more convenient from the layout
there as well, or at least no less. The door opening in the middle
layout isn't real conducive for traffic around it.

Noise is a possible downside, certainly, but fridges don't run
continuously and at least some aren't terribly noisy...

OP will have to pick and choose options vs outlay, but Oren's plan looks
at least superficially like a sizable improvement to me...

Almost anything would be given the original, though...I agree there it
seems to be an absurd design if the picture OP posted was what really
was intended.