Posted to alt.home.repair
Arkadiy Arkadiy is offline

Default under cabinet lighting

On Jun 19, 11:54 am, Smitty Two wrote:
Actually I knew there is a heat problem with halogens, which is
cured
in xenons. That's why I am leaneng toward xenons. What I don't
understand is advantages/drawbacks of line voltage versus low
voltage.

Thanks,

Arkadiy

Ah, xenon sounds good then. Wouldn't line voltage keep things
simpler
and allow you to use smaller wire, too, since it'll draw 1/10 of the
current? (assuming 120 volt vs. 12 volt)

Sounds like it...

Although I still don't understand why would the manufacturers go into
all this trouble of integrating the transformer in every fixture (thus
complicating its design, and probably compromising reliability).

Maybe I am missing something important.

Regards,

Arkadiy