Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Glue carpet tack strips on radiant heat floor?

wrote:
I want to install a very thin berber carpet on a radiant heat floor
with a thin pad. I know already about the insulating issues with
carpet and am not concerned with that part.

My tubing runs very close to the walls and I don't want the carpet
installers to nail down the tack strips. I have read that some
basement floor carpet installers will sometimes glue the tack strips
to the concrete, can the same be done for tack strips on my plywood
subfloor?

Yes, it can be done. It will cost more to do that.

If you have plywood as a subfloor, you probably don't need to
glue it. The nails in the tack strips will not go through the
plywood.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.