Posted to alt.home.repair
coustanis coustanis is offline

Default Furnace saga continues

On Jun 19, 11:42 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"coustanis" wrote in message
I took off work today to mess with this.

I replaced the boiler feed valve. The old one had the adjustment
screw loose and it was easier to spend 40 bucks on a new one that
was factory set. When I took the old one off I saw that it was heavily
damaged by electrolysis. Some of it's internal parts fell out through
the fitting
holes.
After install I left the new one in the auto position with the
isolation valve open as was suggested.

If the valve was not part of hte problem, it certainly was ready to fail.
Smart move to replace it now.

Closed the air purge valve at the top of the system.

Is al lthe air purged?

Probably not. I'll purge it manually every day or or so until no more
air escapes.

I do appreciate the patience and the advice.
The offer for beer still stands.

Real beer, none of that "lite" crap. We don't drink cheap beer either.

Not a problem. I'll go as heavy as you like.
And as much as you like.