Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Which kind of siding?

And then the painting would be like any other house?

Steel holds paint better than most materials. A 30 years paint job is
far longer service than any other painted material. A new paint job
would not last 30 years but still a much longer time than anything
else you can buy.

Steel is so durable that you could ignore the paint and it would last
another 30 years. Farmers never paint it. They just intall it and
forget about it. Steel siding and roofing are so durable they will
easily outlast the owner unless you are very young. I have seen steel
with rust but never have I seen it rusted all the way through. In any
case, I already excluded steel from the category of appearance for the
purpose of making my point. Steel is the best in every category
except appearance.