Posted to alt.home.repair
dashawn42000 dashawn42000 is offline

Default I'm looking for help in all the wrong places.

On Jun 19, 10:31 am, dpb wrote:
dashawn42000 wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:07 am, dpb wrote:
wrote:
Is the OP heavily in debt? that makes it much harder
His credit rating is in the toilet is the immediate problem preventing
the ability to get business financing. Which given today's crowd (and
I'm assuming from the tone and wording he's fairly young although
doesn't seem to be restricted) the other would be a good bet.

Of course, we've not seen a business plan nor know anything else about
his credentials, etc., so it's quite possible he wouldn't find takers
anyway, but assuming that's not the case, the personal finances have to
get resolved first to have a reasonable chance.

On the Dave Ramsey deal...
Whether he actually is deeply in debt besides doesn't really matter, the
ideas of budget, discipline, etc., are valid. (But, if he weren't, why
would his credit rating be so bad?) Anyway, that aside, on Ramsey--Only
the blinding obsession w/ "debt free" is "over the top" imo, but for
most of the folks he deals with who have demonstrated lack of ability to
handle their finances for multiple causes, it's not a bad way to at
least get back on track initially. They could probably do better by a
somewhat different tack, but any plan is better than none and his seems
to be more successful than many others in actually changing behavior
patterns.

--

I have no credit debt because I never had a credit card. I am a victim
of idenity theft. I don't have the resources to fix that right know. I

Hmmm...admittedly that one hadn't occurred to me. If so, I think there
are ways to get some relief there although it isn't easy. Fixing that
obviously is priority one.

yea, tell me about it.