Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Elec. Disconnect box help

In article , "Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Use the bare for a ground, even if it is thinner. If you start
changing colors around, you'll confuse the next guy who works on
the device. Use the bare for a ground.

Hold on there a minute. If the circuit is 30A or less, it's a Code violation
to use an equipment grounding conductor that's smaller than the ungrounded
conductors. (Table 250.122 -- minimum size grounding conductor is 14AWG
copper for a 15A circuit, 12AWG at 20A, 10AWG at 30A.) At 40A and higher, it's
permitted. We don't know yet what size conductors the OP has. I asked him
yesterday, but he hasn't answered.

--
Regards,