Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Snake sunning on my tentant's front steps

On Jun 18, 5:25 pm, "Pop`" wrote:

I had a "pet" snake that used to curl up under my fire bushes and watch
me cut the grass EVERY weekend. I actually missed him when he disappeared;

OK, since you bought it up I just have to share this story. I had been
painting, finished, and went behind the shed to clean my brushes. I
squatted down, cleaned several, stood up and started slinging water
out of them. On a downward arc of my hand, I saw a large ball of
rattlesnake about 4ft to my side. It was just watching me without
making a sound. I eased away, got my rifle and dispatched it. 14
rattles & a button. It could have struck anytime it wanted but just
seemed content to watch me.

KC