Grunff

Default Glueless laminate floor and glue..

Abso wrote:
Right, now I'm confused. I've bought Screwfix's Kaindl glueless laminate
floor system and the front of the instructions shows a symbol representing a
tube of glue with crossing out through it. Although I'm no expert, based on
the above I'd be betting that there was no glue required for the installation.

But.. step 12 on the detailed instructions shows what looks like glue being
spread along the tongue of the mating section prior to jointing to the
adjacent plank. Huh?

Does the "glueless" in glueless laminate floor refer to the fact that the
floor isn't glued to the floorboards / slab below, but not necessarily that it
isn't glued together? Seems a bit daft if that's the case, but I can't think
of another explanation for the instructions involving glueing of the planks.

Look at the tongues and grooves. Are they profiled so they lock
together? If yes, then no glue is required.

But - if you're installing it in a kitchen or bathroom, then
you'd glue it. The instructions are merely telling you when
you'd apply the glue if you were going to glue.

--
Grunff