Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Builder did not leave enough room for standard fridge

JimR wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:12:23 -0000, kris3432 wrote:

[snip]

From the photo you put up on the net, I would have concerns about
the builder's competency: there are tools sitting on a finished
surface, an unprotected kitchen countertop -- both the tools and the
lack of protection are unprofessional and sloppy. Similarly I note
the cabinets are going in after the floor tile has been set == again,
work is being performed over a finished surface.

Ken

The contractor has it right -- floor tile goes in first, then the cabinets.
Floor tile should be under the cabinets and the appliances, for several very
good reasons --

And the tools on the countertop is a tempest in a teapot, so to speak.
Undoubtedly he's one who would tell Sam Maloof to not set his plane down
on the bench w/o laying it on its side...