Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default [OT] I'm celebrating!

mac davis wrote:

| You'll be filling International orders some day...

Strange you should mention that... This sorta ties in with one of your
threads - I'd been having difficulty with shipping. Seems like local
trucking outfits aren't too enthusiastic about dealing with
enterprises as small as mine.

I'd put off two prospective customers - one in Arizona and one in
Canada - because I couldn't seem to get any traction on shipping until
an outside sales person from an outfit called Unishippers stopped to
visit one of my neighbors when I happened to be in their shop. I
dropped in at their office and ended up talking to an eager new
employee who said simply: "Tell me what you want to ship and where you
want it to go, and I'll do whatever it takes to get it on its way in
24 hours or less." IMO, the world needs a few more like him.

I'm hoping that I haven't lost the two customers. If I haven't, my
first Canadian order may ship in July. :-)

Much more "iffy", but I've had an inquiry about panels in shipping
container sized lots for the Ukraine. An order like that would produce
interesting (but *good*) problems.

| Hope ya have a good tax person... *g*

Well, it hasn't been an issue yet - but I'm hoping for the need. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar