Posted to alt.home.repair
john john is offline

Default Loud Alarm..(they don't poop)

"Robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 18, 2:31 pm, wrote:
Revenge is not a good plan, and it will likely cause more friction.
You'll get far better results presenting a tray of freshly-baked
brownies.

-----------------------
I think you missed the part where I said I 'tried' it the nice way. You
should probably read the posts b4 jumping up on your soap box..

Besides, my brownies might get me charged with attempted homicide..

I always (try to) do things the right way first. Then I'll do it the
way they can understand if the right way isn't something they can
comprehend....?

Well, I've read all the posts. The quote below shows me that you get
your buttons pushed fairly easily.

I think you missed the part where I said I 'tried' it the nice way. You
should probably read the posts b4 jumping up on your soap box..

By the grace of God, my neighbor-from-hell just moved away a couple of
weeks ago. I tried the nice way like you did then I tried to use
tactics that would change his behavior. He just modified his tactics.

After 1 1/2 years of torment, I think I've realized that the best way
to deal with people like your neighbor is to ignor their behavior.
They are the type that thrive on human contact but don't possess the
social skills to make it happen in a positive way. They have become
the most comfortable by having someone to fight with. So negative
contact is better than no contact for them. Negative contact is more
familiar to them than positive contact. With this particular
neighbor, I feel you have only two options at this point. You can
either kill her with kindness or ignor her. You probably can't
"a**hole" her. Your negative reactions to her provocations makes her
feel on top of the world.

Robert

Interesting point there, Robert.

I think the problem in our society these days is that inside...we all think
were 'better' then our neighbors. Either that or were envyous of them...or
they think their 'better' then us.. And thats what causes the friction.
Almost everybody is like this, do dont feel like an outcase.