Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default How to remove Kohler shower faucet handle

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:06:19 -0000, wrote:

On Jun 18, 5:01 pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:54:22 -0000, wrote:
Hi,
I have the Kohler "Purist® Rite-Temp® pressure-balancing bath and
shower faucet trim with push-button diverter and cross handle". I need
help removing the handle and faceplate. There is no center screw in
the handle, but set screw on the handle stem which I assume holds the
handle in place. My set screw is missing but I still cannot remove the
handle. Can anyone help?
Sue

Corrosion of the stem can make it difficult to remove the handle. Hard
water?

Yes, hard water. The faucet has only been in for 6 months though. Can
I try to bang it off?

Sue

Try a solution to dissolve to build up. Try vinegar/water spray or
what you might already have.

As much as I like to bang on things; in this case I would try to
wiggle it off.
--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..